As you know, there will be a partial solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017 between
the hours of 9 am and 12 pm. Please remind your students about the dangers of looking directly at the sun during the eclipse. The district has sent out an advisory message to all parents. Here is some information that was shared as well:
In the strictest sense, the eclipse is not dangerous, but looking at the sun without proper protection is always harmful. The primary safety issue during an eclipse is that curiosity regarding the phenomena makes it more likely people, especially children, will try to glimpse theeclipse without proper eye protection. It is just as dangerous to look at the sun during the eclipse as it is every other day. Individuals should not look directly at the sun at any time. Please take a moment to reinforce this message at home. People who look at an eclipse without proper protection, even glimpses, are likely to suffer burns which damage the light-sensitive cells that provide the ability to see.
While we will be on a normal schedule on Monday, we will remind students not to look directly at the sun. Teachers will also reinforce these expectations about safety. We will have the auditorium open for students to view the NASA feed of the eclipse. Please see this NASA link for more information. https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+TV+Public+Channel
Parkview Elementary PTA invites you to join us for FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT Under the Stars this Friday, August 25th.
- Snack bar will open at 7pm
- Movie (The Boss Baby) will begin at 8pm
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring your blankets, pillow and chairs.
- The movie is free to all and we will be selling snacks at our concessions stand.
- Collaboration: Gr. 6 and 3
- Eclipse: 9-12pm
- 10:40-11:00am – Live stream eclipse, Auditorium
- Collaboration: Gr. 5 and 4
- No Garden Club Today
- Collaboration: SDC in the am
- 9am – GATE Testing, Room 203
- 11am – GATE Testing, Room 205
- Collaboration: Gr. 2 and 1
- Collaboration: Kinder in the am
- 7:00pm – Outdoor Movie, Boss Baby
- Dismissal Times
- TK: 12:10pm
- K: 1:55pm
- 1-6: 2:05pm
|8/30||· 6:00-7:30pm – Internet Safety Parent Night|
|9/15||· Bubble Fun Run|
|10/20||· Fall Festival|